Saturday, November 20, 2010

On Caring

Yesterday morning, when i was in my office rushing my almost-due-date assignment, my colleague came to me and told me that my manager wanted to see me. I was wondered if I had done something wrong , or just wanted to inform me about staff's bonus which was a "hot issue" some weeks ago. I was concerned, confused and a little bit of excited.

I sat infront of my manager, Ms Wong. With a gentle smile, she handed me an envelope with my name written on it. I received it with a great joy."How much do you expect to get?"she asked."1 month" I answered."Then you should open and see."She replied me with her sweet smile again. From her words, i know that it would be more than 1 month. Yet,"I afraid i will feel disappointed, hahaha~~" I answered while staring at my name" ONG SOON CHIN" on the envelope. "You can save this money for your wedding." she suggested. She knew me, I always share my things with her. She is not only a manger, but a mentor or perhaps a friend to me. I nodded.

"Do you feel happy working with us? Ms Lim (our boss) said you look very stress and tire recently. She seldom see u smile and hear your laugh after shift to new office. Do u have any problem?"I sat stunned."We know you are responsible, Ms Lim often see you still working after office hour and even bring file go back home to do. If you have any problem, just tell us, perhaps Ms Lim and I can help you."Ms Wong added.

After working for almost 2 years, I really feel mentally exhausted with my routine life. Every morning wake up, working, trap in traffic jam, dinner, sleeping then same cycle goes for the next day. Even worse when I have to think, care or worry about matter of family, money, love, friend, study, etc... I really hope I can leave everything behind and go far away to travel alone. But I know this is impossible for this mean time, i still have to face reality. Just always asking myself to be strong. ^^

However the important thing is they do see my effort. When i take my thing back home to do, some of my colleague always ask me why u want to take back home to do, you should rest yourself. For me, they sound like:" James, you are stupid, why u take back home to do?" Maybe I am inefficient, but I just don't like job left incomplete and I wish I can finish it as fast as possible. I never asking for more reward but I do appreciate if they can recognise what i have done. Maybe it just a casual talk and mean nothing to them but it really touch my heart. The thoughtfulness and caring of my boss demonstrates that people remember more how much an employer cares than how much the employer pay. I not sure how long i will stay with this firm but I can very sure that SY Lim & Co always the best firm in my life and I have no regret to join this firm.




1 comment: